IndexUNI: Database of University Articles

Cole--Eldon E. (Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds)

Displaying 1 - 50 of 118
Title Date Summary
1 The history of the Alumni House
Debruin--Karla (Northern Iowan Managing Editor)
Northern Iowan 118:17, p.5
10/25/2021 The Alumni House has been home to many different offices and people over the years; photo.
2 Capital improvements, 1950-1970
Lang--William C. (Vice President; History Faculty)
A Century of Leadership and Service 2:0, p.333
7/1/1995 A survey of new and renovated classroom, administrative, dormitory, and service buildings; new art on campus; the Lechay painting; the NAR; photo.
3 Eldon E. Cole
Alumnus 61:4, p.23
12/1/1976 Died in July 1976.
4 Changes and additions in staff of physical plant
College Eye 60:17, p.6
11/9/1965 Roster of changes.
5 E. E. "King" Cole retires as head of Physical Plant
Alumnus 47:3, p.18
9/1/1962 Retires after thirty-two years of service; Melvin Manion will succeed him; photo.
6 Director of physical plant assumes emeritus status
College Eye 56:36, p.4
7/6/1962 Profile of E. E. Cole.
7 Manion appointed SCI Associate Physical Plant Director
Public Relations News Release 1960:568, p.1
8/11/1961 Melvin Manion is placed as the new Associate Director of the Physical Plant, as approved by the Board of Regents. Manion is to replace E. E. Cole as Director of the plant as Cole reaches Emeritus status on July 1, 1962.
8 Alumni get together at 77th reunion
Alumnus 45:3, p.10
9/1/1960 Reunion highlights; photo.
9 Building construction progresses at ISTC
Public Relations News Release 1960:10, p.1
8/25/1960 Eldon E. Cole leads construction efforts for the new men's dormitory, while Phillip C. Jennings reports progress on sewage management and heat main extension for the new buildings. Greenhouse additions are to be completed by October.
10 No slack season at I. S. T. C.
Public Relations News Release 1960:9, p.1
8/24/1960 Professor Raymond Schlicher directs extension courses, consultation services, and workshops for teachers. Paul Bender directs orientation services. Professor Marshall Beard assigns advisors to new students. Eldon Cole directs campus grounds maintenance.
11 Begin fight to save elms
Alumnus 42:1, p.4
2/1/1958 Survey and sanitation program begun.
12 Once a five-year project, Sunset continues to grow
Hayden--Judith A. (Student--1956-1958)
College Eye 49:5, p.7
10/11/1957 History of Sunset Village; description of the new College Courts; photo.
13 Buildings and Plant
Old Gold 0:0, p.90
6/1/1956 Brief description of the faculty; photo.
14 Administration Photos
Old Gold 0:0, p.74
6/1/1955 Photos of Dr. Schlicher, Mr. Cole, and Mr. Holmes; photos.
15 Buildings and Grounds become Physical Plant
College Eye 46:9, p.4
11/5/1954 Name change for administrative units.
16 Elizabeth Rowley
Old Gold 0:0, p.23
6/1/1954 Administration; photo.
17 Administration
Old Gold 0:0, p.24
6/1/1953 Administrators; photo.
18 Administration
Old Gold 0:0, p.17
6/1/1952 Photos of Philip Jennings, Marshall Beard, Eldon Cole, George Holmes, and Paul Kelso are featured on this page; photo.
19 Special to: The Waterloo Courier
Public Relations News Release 1951:192, p.1
11/27/1951 Construction on the elementary wing of the new campus laboratory, which began in the summer of 1951, school should be approximately completed by September, 1952. Total cost: approximately $985,000.
20 Special To: The Waterloo Courier
Public Relations News Release 1951:192, p.1
11/27/1951 North Hall, new girls' dormitory, should be completed in the spring of 1952. Construction started in the spring of 1950. Total Cost: $915,000.
21 Special to: The Waterloo Courier
Public Relations News Release 1951:192, p.1
11/27/1951 Heating plant expansion program consisting of a new boiler and turbine generating unit with accessories, started in the spring of 1950, should be practically completed by Jan. 1, 1952. Total cost: approximately $650,000.
22 Special to: The Waterloo Courier
Public Relations News Release 1951:192, p.1
11/27/1951 Contracts on the cross-campus heating tunnel which will carry heat to North Hall and the conduit heating line to the new campus school were let in the fall of 1951. Tunnel contracts will be nearing completion by Jan 1, 1952.
23 Eldon E. Cole
Old Gold 0:0, p.32
6/1/1951 Brief description of buildings and grounds supt.; photo.
24 WOI to Air Special ISTC Christmas Program
Public Relations News Release 1950:163, p.1
12/22/1950 The half-hour program, "Radio Christmas Card," was recorded on campus before Christmas vacation began Dec. 15. Carols and music from the campanile's famous 15-ton bells will be featured, said Arne Grummer, assistant radio program director.
25 Committee plans for guide marks
College Eye 42:9, p.7
11/10/1950 Will attempt to assist visitors find their way around campus.
26 Cole tells cause of power failure
College Eye 41:31, p.3
6/16/1950 Electrical power out for about three hours due to shorts in the cables.
27 New bus added for college use
College Eye 41:31, p.3
6/16/1950 New bus will hold thirty-seven passengers; construction on Campbell Hall delayed due to lack of structural steel.
28 Administration
Old Gold 0:0, p.34
6/1/1950 List of faculty and brief description of their work; photo.
29 State Board approves more heat, power plant expansion
College Eye 41:26, p.1
4/14/1950 $655,000 allocated for the project; need expanded capacity to support new buildings.
30 Buildings & Grounds
Old Gold 0:0, p.17
6/1/1949 Brief description of the position; photo.
31 Cole faces request to remove college bravely; Paine asks where to put it
College Eye 40:12, p.3
12/10/1948 E. E. Cole receives errant work order.
32 Vacuum cleaner removes leaves
College Eye 40:7, p.4
10/29/1948 ISTC purchased a machine to help with leaf pick-up.
33 Jean Cole to marry
College Eye 39:39, p.5
7/23/1948 Will marry John C. Hauser.
34 Eldon E. Cole
Old Gold 0:0, p.20
6/1/1948 As Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, Mr. Cole supervises the care of all campus property and the remodeling of present buildings, of which include the new addition to Lawther Hall, the campus school, and the heath center; photo.
35 Planners and Builders
Old Gold 0:0, p.14
6/1/1948 A photo of Malcolm Price and Eldon E. Cole, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, going over plans for a new building; photo.
36 E. E. Cole attends Minnesota U meeting
College Eye 39:32, p.3
5/21/1948 On buildings and grounds.
37 Plan improvement in college heating plant
College Eye 39:32, p.4
5/21/1948 $52,000 project will increase capacity to provide power to new buildings.
38 Pour cement on campus? Maybe, if students don't stay off grass
College Eye 39:22, p.2
3/12/1948 E. E. Cole says that students are not taking the issue of paths through the grass seriously.
39 Supervisor buildings and grounds
Old Gold 0:0, p.25
6/1/1947 Brief description of Eldon Cole's responsibilities; photo.
40 Commerce, science get new buildings
College Eye 38:28, p.1
4/18/1947 Will build two temporary surplus buildings south of 27th Street for science, business education, and industrial arts.
41 Regulations affecting all car owners begin Monday
College Eye 38:13, p.1
12/13/1946 Description of parking areas; rules will be enforced.
42 The duties of the Health Service Director and the Building and Grounds Supervisor
Old Gold 0:0, p.26
6/1/1946 Max L. Durfee will manage the health conditions on campus as the Director of Health Services. Eldon E. Cole will over see the maintenance of campus grounds as the Building and Campus Ground Supervisor; photo.
43 More student rooms evolve from sunporch
College Eye 37:25, p.3
3/22/1946 Area in eastern wing of Bartlett Hall had been cafeteria, recreation room, and WAVES hospital; will be divided into double rooms to house about thirty-seven additional students.
44 Men's Gym to host an exhibit and demonstration of Army Air Force equipment
Public Relations News Release 1945:180, p.1
7/12/1945 The exhibit will be one of seven to be held in Iowa. Large quantities of air craft, parts, and materials will soon be available for insturctional use in schools and colleges.
45 Eldon E. Cole, buildings and grounds
Old Gold 0:0, p.32
6/1/1945 The responsibilities of Eldon E. Cole; photo.
46 Baker and Seerley now being refinished
College Eye 35:38, p.6
7/14/1944 Painting and redecorating underway.
47 Deans and officials
Old Gold 0:0, p.15
6/1/1944 Summary of the duties of the deans and administrative officials; photo.
48 The Campus Builders
Old Gold 0:0, p.23
6/1/1943 The roles of Mr. Boardman as business manager, Mr. Cole as superintendent of buildings, and Mr. Beard as registrar and the goals and challenges of their repsective jobs; photo.
49 Campus receives initial trimming
College Eye 34:28, p.2
4/30/1943 Crews cut grass for first time of the season; usually takes two or three days to cut the whole campus.
50 Dial Dope 1540
College Eye 34:14, p.2
1/15/1943 Announces upcoming broadcasts on KXEL.

Pages

Questions about this service?

Contact Jaycie Vos, University Archivist
jaycie.vos@uni.edu | (319) 273-6307

 

1227 W 27th Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
(319) 273-2838  | LibAskUs@uni.edu