IndexUNI: Database of University Articles

Campus School Building

Displaying 1 - 24 of 24
Title Date Summary
1 Buildings get new names
Alumnus 41:3, p.4
9/1/1957 As of June 17, 1957, Campus School is Henry Sabin Hall and Vocational Building is David Sands Wright Hall; biographical sketches of Sabin and Wright; photo.
2 Building activity renews with coming of spring
Alumnus 41:2, p.6
5/1/1957 Tunnel between Old Administration and Seerley demolished; parking lot fence near Old Campus School taken down; Lab School fieldhouse should be ready by fall; photo.
3 Campus School, Voc. Building renamed Sabin, Wright Hall
College Eye 48:26, p.3
4/26/1957 Lengthy profiles of David Sands Wright and Henry Sabin; naming is result of committee work.
4 An idle observation
College Eye 48:16, p.2
2/1/1957 Offers suggestions to improve student observation at the campus school.
5 The thundering herd
College Eye 48:3, p.2
9/28/1956 Makes suggestions to help relieve the overcrowding situation.
6 Departments begin moving to renovated Campus School
Alumnus 40:2, p.2
5/1/1956 Social Science moves into third and part of second floor; Earth Science moves to second floor; Business Education will move into first and basement floors; Education and English move into Auditorium.
7 Department to move next Friday
College Eye 47:21, p.6
3/2/1956 Several departments will be shifted as a result of vacancy and renovations in the old Campus School; name of old Campus School may be changed.
8 Propose renaming two buildings
Alumnus 39:4, p.Inside Back Cover
12/1/1955 Committee proposes renaming Old Campus School for Henry Sabin and Vocational Building for David Sands Wright; photo.
9 And away we go!
College Eye 46:39, p.1
7/29/1955 Professor packs chemistry supplies to prepare for move to new building.
10 Leading It Out
College Eye 46:37, p.2
7/15/1955 Construction on campus, re-naming of State Board of Education, and Bermuda shorts leave Ricki Ridali with little left to write about.
11 Thompson announces social science location
College Eye 46:25, p.7
4/1/1955 Will move to former Campus School.
12 Letters to the editor
Cole--Eldon E. (Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds
College Eye 46:2, p.2
9/17/1954 Recommendation to use old Campus School playground as parking lot.
13 Hail causes $10,000 loss
College Eye 44:25, p.3
3/27/1953 Large hailstones shatter many windows on campus; Campus School hit hard.
14 The Laboratory School
Hart--Irving Harlow (Extension Faculty and Archivist)
First 75 Years 0:0, p.113
7/1/1951 History of name changes from Training School to Campus School to Campus Laboratory School as well as a description of the changing philosophy of the school.
15 Untitled
College Eye 42:25, p.1
4/5/1951 Two aerial views of campus with buildings identified.
16 College allotted $1,239,000 for capital improvements
Alumnus 33:3, p.6
7/1/1949 $739,000 will go toward heating facility improvements; $500,000 will go toward second unit of Campus School.
17 State approves appropriation bill
College Eye 40:29, p.3
5/6/1949 Capital improvements included.
18 Swimming may be appeal of summer elementary pupils
College Eye 39:34, p.3
6/18/1948 Professor Horn believes that some students may be drawn to summer school by the swimming pool.
19 College asks for new campus school
Alumnus 29:1, p.8
1/1/1945 Broad plan includes requests for new health services building, campus school, arts and industries building, auditorium, garages, coal pile containment, and heating plant facilities.
20 View your 210 acre college "home"
College Eye 36:1, p.6
9/8/1944 Aerial view of campus with a lengthy description of its features; photo.
21 Nursery School holds open house for parents
College Eye 35:21, p.3
2/18/1944 Hold discussions; view films.
22 Hold annual open house
College Eye 30:40, p.1
7/21/1939 At Campus School.
23 Campus School
Alumnus 20:4, p.8
10/1/1936 History of Training School; photo.
24 Campus School to hold an open house
College Eye 27:11, p.1
8/7/1936 Kindergarten and primary grades will entertain.

Questions about this service?

Contact Jaycie Vos, University Archivist | (319) 273-6307


1227 W 27th Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
(319) 273-2838  |