IndexUNI: Database of University Articles

Dean of the Faculty

Displaying 1 - 17 of 17
Title Date Summary
1 Institutional evaluation and administrative change
Lang--William C. (Vice President; History Faculty)
A Century of Leadership and Service 2:0, p.17
7/1/1995 The college receives accreditation from the North Central Association; President Latham organizes publicity, research, alumni services, and placement; institution of the Faculty Senate and changes in faculty governance; the role of religion; photo.
2 Untitled
Larson--Roger F. (Student--1955)
College Eye 47:12, p.2
12/9/1955 Encourages students to complain to the Dean of the Faculty about the prices of books at the Hill Book Store.
3 Faculty-drafted recommendations for the graduate program have been approved by the state board of education
Public Relations News Release 1950:412, p.1
7/3/1951 The approval authorizes the college to begin offering graduate level courses in the summer of 1952 and to confer the degree of Master of Arts in Education. Administration of the program will vest in an in an elected graduate council.
4 Faculty participation under Latham
Hart--Irving Harlow (Extension Faculty and Archivist)
First 75 Years 0:0, p.53
7/1/1951 President Latham establishes new administrative and governance structures.
5 Procedures in appointment and promotion
Hart--Irving Harlow (Extension Faculty and Archivist)
First 75 Years 0:0, p.62
7/1/1951 Survey of practices involving faculty appointment and promotion.
6 And how many times . . . we followed the "six steps"
Old Gold 0:0, p.6
6/1/1945 Outlines the six steps and difficulties of the registration process; photo.
7 M. J. Nelson, Dean of Faculty
Old Gold 0:0, p.20
6/1/1945 The responsibilities and writings of Dean M. J. Nelson; photo.
8 Deans and officials.
Old Gold 0:0, p.12
6/1/1944 Summary of duties the of deans and administrative officials; photo.
9 Home of the Dean of Faculty
Old Gold 0:0, p.57
6/1/1944 Facing College Street near the Twenty-fourth Street entrance is the home of the Dean of Faculty.
10 The Administration Building
Old Gold 0:0, p.43
6/1/1943 Old Administration Building houses president, deans, registrar, and business office; photo.
11 Improvements made by late president
College Eye 31:38, p.1
7/12/1940 Notes changes on campus for which President Latham was responsible.
12 Administration
Old Gold 0:0, p.24
6/1/1937 Description of duties of the various administrative officials; photos.
13 Teachers College moved forward in 1934, year's record indicates
Furry--Leroy W. (Class of 1935)
College Eye 26:25, p.1
12/21/1934 Review of important events of 1934.
14 Campus remodeling under way
Alumnus 18:3, p.10
7/1/1934 Central campus area, formerly occupied by heating plant and parking lot, will be landscaped; street encircling area will be paved; offices will be remodeled to meet new administrative needs.
15 Extensive departmental reorganization effected
Alumnus 18:3, p.1
7/1/1934 Three academic departments eliminated; M. J. Nelson is Dean of Faculty; Alumni Relations and Bureau of Research established; responsibilities of new offices; several faculty retire; photo.
16 Changes mark academic year as outstanding; Nelson is faculty dean; college holds first formals
College Eye 26:1, p.1
6/6/1934 Survey of important events of 1933-1934.
17 Reorganization announced in college administrative and instructional set-up; Nelson, Denny, Paul, Kurtz, Fuller, Lillehei figure in changes
College Eye 25:35, p.1
3/23/1934 Description of President Latham's re-organizational plans; hopes to relieve faculty committees of administrative duties; will take effect July 1, 1934.

Questions about this service?

Contact Jaycie Vos, University Archivist | (319) 273-6307


1227 W 27th Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
(319) 273-2838  |