IndexUNI: Database of University Articles

Training School Building

Displaying 1 - 42 of 42
Title Date Summary
1 The Laboratory School
Hart--Irving Harlow (Extension Faculty and Archivist)
First 75 Years 0:0, p.113
7/1/1951 History of name changes from Training School to Campus School to Campus Laboratory School as well as a description of the changing philosophy of the school.
2 'Watch us as we climb to fame and glory; we are here for victory'
College Eye 34:1, p.1
9/9/1942 Quick survey of campus buildings; photo.
3 Training School to hold open house
College Eye 31:40, p.3
7/26/1940 Opportunity for students to visit Training School.
4 Campus School invites students to open house
College Eye 30:43, p.3
7/28/1939 Will hold open house on Thursday, July 27.
5 Second day of open house held
College Eye 30:43, p.1
7/28/1939 Open house at the campus elementary school is to be held August 3.
6 Campus School
Alumnus 20:4, p.8
10/1/1936 History of Training School; photo.
7 Campus-wide improvements move forward; seven separate projects approximating $60,000 under way
College Eye 27:11, p.1
8/7/1936 Survey of construction projects and improvements.
8 "Earmarks: of first training school discovered by reporter; little white school house once surrounded by prairie grass
College Eye 27:44, p.5
6/5/1935 Outline of original training school building at corner of 27th and College Streets can still be seen.
9 Primary rooms to have open house
College Eye 25:9, p.3
10 Remodeling an building program
Alumnus 16:4, p.10
10/1/1932 Heating plant should be ready for use by October 1, 1932; Commons may be ready by May 1933; other smaller remodeling projects underway.
11 Picture screen remodeled
College Eye 23:19, p.5
10/30/1931 In Training School.
12 Training School decorated first time
College Eye 22:2, p.1
9/19/1930 Redecorated for first time since its construction in 1913; partitions removed, new shelves installed.
13 Scrubwomen, B. A., M. A. stage "cleaning spree"
College Eye 21:23, p.6
3/14/1930 Critic teachers clean up the Training School.
14 Training school
Wright--David Sands (Mathematics Faculty)
Fifty Years at the Teachers College 0:0, p.197
7/1/1926 Brief history of the model, or training school.
15 Campus scene
Old Gold 0:0, p.12
6/1/1926 Photo.
16 Did you know?
College Eye 15:10, p.3
11/7/1923 Most of the existing buildings on campus were designed by James E. Robinson.
17 Training School News
College Eye 14:46, p.3
5/23/1923 News from the Training School.
18 The laboratory of the college--the Training School
Old Gold 0:0, p.10
6/1/1922 Reminiscences about Training School; photo.
19 College Eye picture section
College Eye 13:9, p.5
10/28/1921 Photos from around the Teachers College; photo.
20 Ye Training School
Old Gold 0:0, p.10
6/1/1921 Photo.
21 The Training School lunch room
College Eye 11:16, p.8
1/21/1920 Used to serve seventy students per day.
22 Training School
Old Gold 0:0, p.18
6/1/1919 School and playground; photo.
23 Campus
Old Gold 0:0, p.11
6/1/1918 Illustration of one of the gateways; photos of buildings around campus.
24 Faculty reception to seniors and alumni; Training School scene of festivities
College Eye 9:1, p.1
6/6/1917 Faculty and guests enjoy the party.
25 Untitled
College Eye 4:9, p.8
11/5/1914 The Training School; photo.
26 The Training School
College Eye 4:1, p.5
6/13/1914 News from the Training School; enjoying new school building; accounts of end of year ceremonies and celebrations.
27 The new Training School Building
Old Gold 0:0, p.207
6/1/1914 Campus training school completed; dedicated February 10, 1914; dedication program; photos of classrooms and students.
28 Training School Building
Old Gold 0:0, p.14
6/1/1914 Photo.
29 The Mothers' Council
College Eye 3:21, p.358
2/26/1914 Held a meeting in the Training School Auditorium.
30 New Training School building is dedicated
College Eye 3:19, p.317
2/12/1914 Summary of speeches from dedication ceremony on February 10, 1914; photo.
31 Editorial
College Eye 3:14, p.235
1/8/1914 Enrollment for winter term is about 1500; Training School Building ready for use; ISTC will assist rural schools.
32 New Training School Building opened
College Eye 3:14, p.236
1/8/1914 Opened January 6, 1914; cost $150,000 to build; will serve as model building; dedication will come in February.
33 Official Notes
Seerley--Homer Horatio (President of ISNS andISTC)
College Eye 3:14, p.238
1/8/1914 News about the faculty and curriculum; Professors Hart and Eells to assist in rural education work; Training School Building ready for students.
34 Official Notes
Seerley--Homer Horatio (President of ISNS andISTC)
College Eye 3:12, p.204
12/11/1913 News about faculty activities; work on Training School Building going more slowly than expected; may not move to new building until the holidays.
35 Official Notes
Seerley--Homer Horatio (President of ISNS andISTC)
College Eye 3:7, p.120
10/16/1913 Training School Building may be ready by December 1913; several ISTC alumni are studying at Columbia University; Professor Campbell is continuing his survey of rural education; news about Harriet Elizabeth Gunn.
36 Work on the Training School
College Eye 2:14, p.6
12/19/1912 Construction continuing on the Training School Building.
37 Official notes
College Eye 2:3, p.2
9/19/1912 Freshman home economics class enrolls about one hundred students; James Robinson busy supervising construction of organ loft, college hospital, and Training School Building.
38 Supt. J. E. Robinson
College Eye 1:28, p.5
5/8/1912 Board of Education authorized him to begin work on the Training School Building and a new emergency hospital that will accommodate fifteen patients.
39 Changes and plans for the coming year
College Eye 1:12, p.4
6/15/1911 News about changes for past and present faculty; ISTC students will assist in domestic science in Cedar Falls schools; excavation for Training School may begin soon; may also build a "detention hospital; will let $10,000 contract for pipe organ..
40 Official Notes
Seerley--Homer Horatio (President of ISNS andISTC)
Normal Eyte 21:3, p.36
9/21/1910 Praise for the work of Professor Simmons; Mabel Mastain resigns; next new building will be Training School; architectural plans are done; will build metal stacks in new Library; will select artist for murals in the new Library Reading Room.
41 State board will meet; governing board of Teachers College plans to meet here some time in May
Normal Eyte 20:30, p.494
4/27/1910 Will be first time Board of Education has met in Cedar Falls; will look at ISTC needs, including buildings for manual arts, training school, fine arts, college hospital, power house, greenhouse, tennis courts, and athletics seating.
42 Biennial period, 1895-1897
Normal Eyte 7:14, p.161
12/11/1897 President Seerley's plans for the school including an assembly building, a science building, a training school, a gymnasium, and a library.

Questions about this service?

Contact Jaycie Vos, University Archivist | (319) 273-6307


1227 W 27th Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
(319) 273-2838  |