IndexUNI: Database of University Articles

Sauer--Pauline L. (Biology Faculty; Museum Director)

Displaying 51 - 94 of 94
Title Date Summary
51 The UNI Museum: a treasure trove for museum buffs
Alumnus 55:3, p.6
9/1/1970 History of museum and its collections; photo.
52 UNI Museum Opens for the Summer Session
Public Relations News Release 1969:646, p.1
6/16/1970 It will be open for eight weeks from June 8th to July 31st, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
53 Special open house of UNI Museum announced
Public Relations News Release 1969:608, p.1
5/15/1970 The Museum will be open 2-5pm on Saturday, May 16, in conjunction with the Alumni Reunion. Public is invited to attend the last weekend open house until the fall.
54 New exhibit to be on display Sunday at UNI Museum
Public Relations News Release 1969:456, p.1
4/2/1970 The exhibit will feature Central and South American ancient and contemporary ceramics, fabrics and other cultural materials.
55 UNI Museum to feature galley talks on environment at Sunday opening
Public Relations News Release 1969:409, p.1
3/12/1970 Professor Albertin will present informal 20-minute talks entitled "The Environment and Wildlife". This is the second Sunday opening and the first of the new series of gallery talks.
56 UNI Museum to hold first weekend opening Sunday afternoon
Public Relations News Release 1969:369, p.1
2/26/1970 For the first time in its 78-year history, the musuem will have a weekend opening: Sunday, March 1 from 2 to 5 p.m. according to the director.
57 UNI Museum
UNI Quarterly 1:2, p.14
1/1/1970 Description of the Museum and its collections; photo.
58 Costa reican Pottery Now on Exhibit at UNI Museum
Public Relations News Release 1969:33, p.1
9/25/1969 Pottery loaned by Dr. Albertin.
59 Northern Iowa museum to reopen tomorrow
Northern Iowan 65:24, p.5
12/3/1968 Has been closed since July 1964; will re-open in Physical Plant Shops building; description of collections including recent Martin Grant material.
60 Cabinet of natural history now museum
Ryerson--Dennis
Northern Iowan 65:6, p.6
9/27/1968 History of the museum, which will be open in its new location in the Physical Plant Shops Building around the middle of October 1968..
61 UNI Museum to open early second semester
Northern Iowan 64:26, p.6
12/15/1967 Will open in physical plant location.
62 Eighteen faculty members to study India in seminars
College Eye 64:5, p.3
9/26/1967 List of those who will take part in Faculty Development Seminar.
63 15 faculty members are selected for seminars
College Eye 60:46, p.1
4/12/1966 Will focus on Asia.
64 Museum continues growth with 27,000 piece addition
College Eye 60:2, p.1
9/17/1965 Receives shell collection from Hazel Bengston; photo.
65 Shell collection given to SCI Museum: 27,000 specimens
College Eye 59:53, p.2
8/20/1965 Hazel Bengston donates collection.
66 Museum's animals moved to home in old library
College Eye 59:15, p.8
1/8/1965 Moved from fourth floor to former reading room; area will be remodeled for the collection; photo.
67 Museum has 1000 guests, new Indian donations
Alumnus 49:4, p.12
12/1/1964 Closed for renovation; photo.
68 Science in the early sixties at SCI
Alumnus 49:3, p.2
9/1/1964 Curriculum, programs, personnel, and opportunities in Department of Science; photo.
69 Science Department Continues Academic Year Institute
Old Gold 0:0, p.105
6/1/1960 Under the sponsorship of the National Science Foundation, the science Department continued the Academic Year Institute and brought together fifty experienced teachers. The department also sponsored the Seventh Annual Science Fair and education programs for junior high math and science teachers.
70 Tri Beta Takes Many Field Trips
Old Gold 0:0, p.171
6/1/1960 The members of Beta Beta Beta took many field trips both local and out of state over the course of the year. The honor society is for students of the biological sciences and promote the dissemination of scientific proof and encourages investigation in the natural world. The organization even sent a delegation to the regional convention sponsored by the Gamma Upsilon Chapter of Central College in Missouri.
71 Fourth floor of TC library--unknown, unused, but unique
Remsburg--Nancy M. (Student--1959)
College Eye 51:14, p.5
1/8/1960 A look at the museum; photo.
72 Holidays also meant work for faculty
College Eye 51:14, p.5
1/8/1960 Faculty attended many meetings over the Christmas holidays.
73 Science Department Offers Closed Circuit TV Courses
Old Gold 0:0, p.111
6/1/1959 Closed circuit TV classes were offered for the second year; the Academic Year Institute was attempting to upgrade the quality of science and math courses; photo.
74 Change announced in TC museum hours
College Eye 50:7, p.4
10/24/1958 Will be open from 7:30 until noon.
75 Science Tries Closed Circuit TV
Old Gold 0:0, p.111
6/1/1958 Description of the department and the various activities and events that the department took part in; photos.
76 Tri Beta Maintians Busy Year
Old Gold 0:0, p.205
6/1/1958 Description of the national honorary biolgical science fraternity; photo.
77 Department of Science
Old Gold 0:0, p.53
6/1/1957 The Department of Science participated with Iowa State College and the State University of Iowa in the Lakeside Laboratory on Lake Okoboji; the National Science Foundation awarded a grant to Martin Lawrence Grant; photo.
78 Science
Old Gold 0:0, p.103
6/1/1956 Brief description of the department; photo.
79 Science Sponsors Conservation Camp
Old Gold 0:0, p.91
6/1/1955 Description of the department and the accomplishments over the year. Also, a list of the fields that are a part of the department and a photo of the faculty; photos.
80 Extension service announces eight extension classes
College Eye 46:16, p.6
1/21/1955 Roster of teachers and locations.
81 Nelson announces fall promotions
College Eye 45:35, p.1
7/2/1954 List of those who will be promoted.
82 Maucker releases changes in staff
College Eye 44:42, p.4
8/14/1953 Announces appointments, resignations, and leaves.
83 Untitled
Sauer--Pauline L. (Biology Faculty; Museum Director)
College Eye 43:38, p.2
7/25/1952 Clears up inaccuracies in recent article about one of Professor Sauer's publications.
84 Pauline L. Sauer edits bulletin on nature study
College Eye 43:37, p.1
7/18/1952 Tells how to make inexpensive equipment.
85 Staff changes in thirteen depts.
College Eye 43:34, p.1
6/27/1952 Survey of resignations, leaves of absence, and appointments.
86 Science Department
Old Gold 0:0, p.158
6/1/1952 A brief description of the department with photos of the faculty and of the lab; photo.
87 Instructors to speak at tri-county meet
College Eye 43:8, p.8
11/9/1951
88 Conservationists to study soils
College Eye 42:33, p.3
6/15/1951 A look at the work at the ITCC.
89 Science
Old Gold 0:0, p.66
6/1/1951 Brief description of the department; photo.
90 Announce faculty for Teachers conservation camp
Public Relations News Release 1950:274, p.1
3/22/1951 Studies in soils, water and forests will be the major phases of this summer's second annual camp at Springbrook Park, near Guthrie Center. Gilbert W. Mouser will direct the camp for the second straight year.
91 Beta beta beta
Old Gold 0:0, p.133
6/1/1950 Brief description of the group; photo.
92 Faculty to teach at summer camp
College Eye 41:28, p.6
4/28/1950 Will be teaching at Springbook State Park in Guthrie Center during the summer.
93 7 new faculty on science staff
College Eye 41:4, p.4
10/7/1949 Brief profiles of new faculty.
94 Four appointed to science faculty
College Eye 40:40, p.1
8/12/1949 Brief profiles of new faculty.

Pages

Questions about this service?

Contact Jaycie Vos, University Archivist
jaycie.vos@uni.edu | (319) 273-6307

 

1227 W 27th Street
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614
(319) 273-2838  | LibAskUs@uni.edu